Billing & Insurance
All diagnostic imaging procedures must be recommended by your physician and require a physician order. Your physician's office staff can assist you with your appointment or you can schedule your procedure directly with us.
It is extremely important for you to keep your scheduled appointment. If an emergency prevents you from keeping it, please call our office prior to your scheduled appointment time, to cancel or reschedule. This simple step will prevent unnecessary delays for all of our patients.
Documents to Bring
You will be asked to arrive before your scheduled appointment to allow time for you to complete the necessary paperwork. Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Requisition/Order Form - this is the form completed by your physician ordering this exam for you.
- Insurance Cards - you will need to bring all current insurance cards for the date of service.
- Contact Information - Please bring all the contact information for the person responsible for payment on your date of service.
- Payment - Payment is required at the time services are rendered if you do not have insurance. For patients with insurance, you will be required to pay any deductible or co-insurance dictated by your insurance plan at time of service. Our staff will call your insurance company to get the best estimate of what you will owe at the time of your procedure. Please remember this is just an estimate. The final payment owed will be determined after your insurance company processes your claim. We accept personal check, cash, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards. Financial assistance, based on need, may also be available.
At Diagnostic Imaging, we want to assist you in coping with your financial requirements. Each health insurance company has different rules for filing claims. You may incur added expense if you fail to follow your insurer's requirements.
For patients with insurance, you will be required to pay any deductibles or co-insurance dictated by your insurance plan at time of service. Our staff will call your insurance company to get the best estimate of what you will owe for the procedure. Please remember this is just an estimate. The final patient amount owed will be determined after your insurance company processes your claim.
Many insurance companies list special instructions on the card regarding pre-certification or prior authorization for services. These instructions may require you to contact your company before your procedure (even for an emergency procedure).
If your insurance company requires a preauthorization for your procedure, our Center will work with your referring physician to obtain the authorization. However, you as the patient should always ensure that the authorization if required is obtained. This will ensure the claim will be paid in a correct and timely manner.
Check your card. If it shows you must call your insurance company for authorization, please make sure that you or a member of your family phones the company without delay. Usually, you must do so within 24 hours.
Health Insurance Plans
In most cases, Diagnostic Imaging will bill your primary health insurance company directly. If we haven't heard from your insurer after 30-45 days, we may ask for your help in contacting them. Amounts that are denied, rejected or unpaid may become your responsibility, depending on your plan type and benefits.
If you have Medicare, we will bill it first and then bill unpaid amounts to any supplemental insurance policies you may have. All unpaid balances may become your responsibility, depending on your plan type and benefits.
If the bill is related to treatment for an on-the-job injury or accident, we will file a claim with your employer's workers' compensation insurance carrier after authorization. Claims that are denied may ultimately become your responsibility.
If you have a Medicaid insurance product, we will bill in accordance with your plan's policy. If we are not listed as a provider with your Medicaid product you may be responsible for the balance.
- For your convenience, Diagnostic Imaging accepts most forms of payment including cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards.
- Payment plans can sometimes be arranged in accordance with Diagnostic Imaging policy.
Financial Assistance for the Uninsured and Special Financial Programs
We will work with you to see if you meet requirements for special financial programs.
Insurance PlansWe are in network with over 350 providers nation-wide. The insurance providers listed below are the most common carriers. Please contact us if you do not see your insurance provider listed.
Tax ID Number
For your convenience, our Tax ID number is:
- Tax ID #62-1848634